Women’s Forum Against Fundamentalism in Iran
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 18, 2009
Khamenei's Weapon Against Iranian Women: Rape and Execution
Recent news from Camp Ashraf indicates that Iraqi Security Force (ISF) have
threatened women of the camp with rape. During the recent
attacks on the camp, ISF assault on women
included verbal threats such as "we will massacre all the men" and "invade the
residence of women." Eyewitness audio and video recording during the attacks on
Camp Ashraf indicates several ISF men shouting in foul language and calling for
the "kidnapping and raping" women of Ashraf.
There is no doubt that the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nuri al- Maliki, is dictating the orders from Tehran to the Iraqi forces. He has become a full-fledged partner in crime with Ahmadinejad serving Iran's supreme leader, Ali Khamenei. In recent days, Iran's former parliamentarian speaker has revealed how Ahmadinejad's security forces use rape as weapon of torture against the political prisoners, both men and women.
Iran's fundamentalist regime is also planning to execute three women prisoners in Section 7 of the nefarious Gohardasht prison in Karadj, west of Tehran. Two have already served prison terms. Akram Mohammadi, 35, served 7 years and Ameneh Abdollah-Zadeh, 50, served nearly 5 years in prison. According to other reports from Iran, Ahmadinejad's regime has already executed three other women from the same prison last week.
To silence the Iranian opposition, Ali Khamenei, known as the King-Mullah-Dictator, is conducting his crimes against humanity through Ahmadinejad at home and Nuri al-Maliki in Iraq.
Such shameful and inhumane conduct should not go unanswered by the international community, particularly women's organizations.
WFAFI calls on civil societies, the UN Commission on the Status of Women, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women as well as women and human rights organizations to speak out in defense of Iranian women both in Iran and those in Camp Ashraf, Iraq. Both Tehran and Baghdad regimes must be held accountable for their barbaric and inhumane conducts.
WFAFI urges the US Government, EU States and the United Nations to immediately consider the following actions:
1. Call on Tehran to immediately halt all executions and torture.
2. Call on Tehran to immediately release all political prisoners, especially female prisoners;
3. Call on Baghdad to immediately release the 36 residents of Camp Ashraf who have been taken hostage by the Iraqi forces and are facing extradition to Iran.
4. Call on Baghdad to immediately withdraw the Iraqi Security forces from Camp Ashraf;
In order to resolve the alarming humanitarian situation at Camp Ashraf, WFAFI urges:
1. The United States military to temporarily resume protection of Camp Ashraf as mandated by Article 45 of the Fourth Geneva Convention.
2. United Nations must dispatch and station a monitoring group at Camp Ashraf until their final disposition is determined.
P.O. Box 15205
Boston, MA 02215
Tel: (617) 590-1665
Fax: (610) 862-9110